HOW WE HELP
One of the core values at Whim is Generosity. We are very thankful for our good fortune and give back to our community.
Whim Co-Founders Kim and Whit Hanks have a history of partnering with local philanthropic organizations and charities. In 2019, Whim was honored as a Finalist for the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Community Relations Award. Because of the number of applications for donations and partnerships we receive, it is not feasible for us to participate with every request. As such, we have established guidelines for these opportunities.
Whim Hospitality prefers in-kind donations and sponsorships in in lieu of cash trades, and we are partial to local Dripping Springs and Austin area civic and private non-profit organizations that aid disadvantaged or neglected communities. Whim chooses to get behind organizations that are struggling to find a voice and need corporate champions with a voice and platform.
“We were made to be rivers and not reservoirs. When blessings come to us it should move through us to others.”
To be considered for a donation, organizations must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a public organization with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Must be a Greater Austin area based company (headquarters must be in the area)
- May only apply for donation consideration once within a 12-month period
- Must demonstrate financial need for donation
HOW TO SUBMIT A DONATION REQUEST
All donation requests must be submitted in writing on the organization’s official letterhead and must include the following information:
- Evidence of 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt status
- Description of event
- Core mission of the organization (who do you help, what do you do?)
- Date of event
- Approximate number of attendees/participants
- Item being requested (Whim Hospitality does not make cash donations; all donations are in-kind goods or services)
- Benefits of sponsorship (media, website, social media, print)
Requests must be made a minimum of two months prior to the event and can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with DONATION REQUEST as the subject line or by mail to Whim Hospitality – Attn: Marketing, PO Box 664, Dripping Springs, TX 78620
Please allow two weeks for processing. We will contact you by email. No phone calls please.